And so is the elimination of doubt.
A Great idea and perceived “proof” that You can do it are necessary to raise funds. Doubt about either can stop the transaction.
In many cases investors are often blown away by your business opportunity but when they put their hands in their pockets to pull the money out they are often held back by a dwelling doubt that you may not be able to implement what you have so passionately communicated.
“There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.” Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C
“Any belief worth having must survive doubt”
“Modest doubt is called the beacon of the wise.”
Doubt about an idea or your ability to implement will keep investors money in their pockets.
Improve the following to improve your chances and hopefully “remove all doubt”.
Capability (your ability to implement) to investors is evidenced by:
- An Experienced management team with deep industry experience.
- Available channels to market.
- Good strategic partnerships.
- Proven high growth experience.
- Availability of critical human resources.
- Can implement the goals in the “Use of Investor Funds” statement in their stride.
Innovation (your business idea) to investors is evidenced by:
- Satisfies a compelling (global) need.
- Targets a well defined (large) niche market.
- Has significant competitive advantage which is sustainable over the medium term.
- Supports high gross margins.
- Enables high scalability.
If you are looking for investors boost your capability factor , boost your innnovation factor and your chances will be considerably increased.